The specialist personal injury barristers at Linenhall Chambers have extensive experience of dealing with all types of industrial disease cases on behalf of both claimants and defendants. They hold experience in the full range of recognised and emerging industrial disease claims.
Our experienced barristers act for private and public sector employers and individuals whether privately funded or funded.
The types of case our barristers can assist with include:
- Mesothelioma and other asbestos-related injuries
- Carcinogens and toxicity
- Occupational asthma and other respiratory conditions
- Display screen equipment and ergonomic injuries
- Noise induced hearing loss (NIHL)
- Non-freezing cold injuries (NFCI)
- Repetitive stress
- Manual handling
- Vibration induced conditions including vibration white finger (VWF) / hand-arm vibration syndrome (HAVS)
- Work-related upper limb disorder (WRULD), including repetitive strain injury.
Industrial disease claims are often complicated legally and often lack the quality of evidence available in other injury claims, particularly with historical and the post-death claims. At Linenhall Chambers we provide a practical and realistic approach to this litigation, approaching cases with sensitivity and thorough attention to detail.
We have a well-established array of experienced and reliable experts with whom we work, whose evidence is often crucial in such claims. This enables our caring and professional team of experts to ensure that the best evidence is available to maximise the chances of success in a case. In preparation for a case, great care is taken to assess the likely strength of the expert evidence under challenge.
Our barristers can provide representation in the High Court and Court of Appeal and also deal with group litigation and test cases.
We work with clients across England and Wales, particularly in the North West and North and Mid Wales. Our team includes Welsh speakers able to conduct cases in Welsh.